Welcome To the Herman v. Seaworld, Inc. Settlement Website
A Settlement has been preliminarily approved in a class action lawsuit pending in the Middle District of Florida captioned Herman v. SeaWorld, Inc., Case No. 8:14-cv—03028-MSS-JSS. Pursuant to the Settlement, each Settlement Class Member has the opportunity to receive a one-time payment or credit for each annual pass purchased through the EZpay program during the applicable statute of limitations period that automatically renewed.
- This Settlement resolves a lawsuit over whether SeaWorld breached the “EZ Pay” contracts with certain one-year “EZ Pay” passholders.
- The Settlement will provide an $11,500,000 fund to settle the claims of customers from California, Florida, Texas, and Virginia who are members of the class and the EFTA subclass. It is estimated that each class member will receive $31.75 multiplied by the number of qualifying passes.
- A $500,000 fund (the “EFTA Settlement Amount”) will be set aside for all class members who made an EZ Pay pass payment using a debit card after December 13, 2013 (“EFTA Subclass members”). This amount will be divided equally among all EFTA subclass members (estimated to be about 38,000 people), which will result in an additional payment of approximately $13 for EFTA Subclass members.
- Exclusion Deadline: March 19, 2019
- Objection Deadline: March 19, 2019
- Option Form Submission Deadline: March 19, 2019